Advocate the normality · Join forces
- The need for more focus on mental health in our community is a high priority. Joining forces with emergency responders, educators, and mental health organizations for better understanding of our community needs and how to best implement the changes needed.
Increase Support · Boost emotional wellness in “your community”
- Positive mental health is needed everywhere, home, school, your place of worship, extracurricular activities, and work. If you think of each of these entities as “communities” it makes the help that is needed in those areas more tangible.
Make a better connection · How we help each other together
- Success depends on drawing attention to the programs that are readily available, making help for mental health easy to access and the process easier for those in need. We need to eliminate the gap between the ones who need the resources and the resources themselves.
Reducing Landfill Waste
Increase Education · Recycling Companies
- There is a need for better transparency on what is being recycled and more advertising of what can and cannot be put into our recycling facilities. There needs to be higher standards for land fills and recycling companies.
Increase recycling · Public Recycling Containers
- Just having glass and plastic recycling vessels in public areas would help our recycling efforts immensely. It should be mandatory that all businesses recycle, they are a part of this community, not just the residence.
· Implement more Recycling Programs · Guidelines from Emmet County
- Using their high-tech recycling program has been very lucrative for Emmet County. They even have a way to recycle plastic bags. This program is pending at the state level, but why wait? Let get started now.